The Cornell NROTC asked me to construct and embroider their logo on a double sided flag.
- I started from a small drawing.
- The design had to be done in multiple hoopings since he bottom text exceeded the size of my largest hoop.
- The flag also had a v-shaped cutout which added another dimesion of difficulty to get everything aligned properly.
- The material had to be reversed so the design would be going in the right direction on the back side
- The two pieces had to be sewn togther securely with a rod pocket for inserting flag pole.
- The heavy stitching had a tendency to distort the design on the lightweight fabric.
All in all, it came out very well, the planning and prep time took longer than the embroidery. You know the old saying, measure twice, cut once? I measured at least dozen times before the first cut!
What do you think?